Watermill, Fittleworth



Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Watermill, Fittleworth

BT Sussex

Watermill, Fittleworth

Equivalent terms

Watermill, Fittleworth

Associated terms

Watermill, Fittleworth

18 Archival description results for Watermill, Fittleworth

18 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Kenneth Fleming Sussex Watermills Album

  • FLEM
  • Collection
  • 1969-1976

Photographs of interiors and exteriors of watermills on the River Rother and tributaries, Sussex, with annotations.

Fleming, Kenneth Betram, photographer

Downstream view, watermill, Fittleworth

HESS catalogue #2033. "Erected by Thomas Stanley c1625 on the site of a fulling mill; enlarged by John Turner in 1742. Three undershot wheels driving 5 pairs of stones. No longer in use as a corn mill."

Simmons, Herbert Edward Sydney (1901-1973)

"Fittleworth Mill"

Cutting from 'West Sussex Gazette and South of England Advertiser' giving a brief history of Fittleworth Mill. It includes details of ownership of the mill, and the installation of an electricity plant by Capt. Gerald Deane. The article is accompanied by a sketch by Mr. Harold Roberts.

Restoration work done at Fittleworth Mill.

Cutting from 'The West Sussex Gazette and South of England Advertiser' of a short article by Lucy Bell describing the restoration work being done at Fittleworth Mill. The project was carried out by Wessex Timber Preservation, Ltd. and the mill is cited as being the manor mill of Amberley owned by the Bishop of Chichester. The restoration is part of an effort to preserve old buildings and their characters, as well as trying to get more efficient use out of them.