- Before 1846 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
Part of the Rex Wailes collection.
Photograph of an oval painting showing a river and townscape and a number of mills and churches. Signed JC Sargeant? 1848.
The white post mill is Webster’s mill (demolished between 1887 and 1895) and the black open trestle mill without sails is Bell’s mill (last known to be standing in 1846), both in Leverington Road.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
Higher resolution copies of this image can be made available, subject to a charge. Please see www.millsarchive.org/high-resolution-images for details. Alternatively, a higher resolution copy can be viewed for free at the Mills Archive; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Generated finding aid
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Name access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata