Item FREE-1126961 - Two mills at Tuxford, Notts.

Original Digital object not accessible

Reference code



Two mills at Tuxford, Notts.


  • Photocopy of sketch made 5 July 1929 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 photocopied sheet


Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

Sketch illustrating H and F {1931} p.138 where he wrote: "The roof of the peg-and-post has practically gone, leaving the framework and the brake-wheel exposed, and a flimsy external bracket in connection with the reefing gear of the patent sails projects precariously from the roof."

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

A higher resolution copy of this image can be made available, subject to a charge. Please see for details. Alternatively, a higher resolution copy can be viewed for free at the Mills Archive; please email to arrange an appointment.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

James Venn still has the originals.

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Subject access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area