Tower mills

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

  • Glossary/UKAT

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Tower mills

Tower mills

Equivalent terms

Tower mills

  • UF Tower mill

Associated terms

Tower mills

17352 Archival description results for Tower mills

17352 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Leach's eight-sailed tower mill, Wisbech

Two sets of handwriting on the reverse. Rex Wailes' note reads, "Leach's Eight Sailed mill, Lynn Road, Wisbech. This [corn] mill was built on an old post mill mound. The sails were removed in 1896. It had originally 4 sails but by 1840 it had 8. When this change was made is not certain. Copy photo from A.A. Oldham, Mount Drive, Wisbech". The second set of handwriting is in pencil (underneath Rex Wailes' notes) and reads, "The Eight Sail Mill, Lynn Road, Wisbech. Taken before removal of sails in 1896. (Copy of original photo of course). Cap of mill demolished in summer of 1947".

Oldham, Arthur Artis

Results 1 to 20 of 17352