Item READ-1220851 - St Giles Mill, Reading and Surrounding Buildings

Original Digital object not accessible

Reference code



St Giles Mill, Reading and Surrounding Buildings


  • c.1895 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 digital image

Name of creator


Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

A view of Mill Lane, Reading, looking eastwards. To the left are the bridge over St. Giles's Mill Stream to the timber yards of Baynes and Beard, and the large brick house at Nos. 20 and 22. The pumping station, with chimney, and the water-tower of the old water-works are in the centre of the picture, and behind them, St. Giles's Mill.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

This is a digital copy of a photograph held by Reading Borough Libraries. For more information or to request copies please contact Reading Central Library.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres