Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

  • Glossary/UKAT

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms


Equivalent terms


  • UF Miller

Associated terms


270 Archival description results for Millers

270 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

"The passing of a village miller"

Cutting from 'Doncaster Chronicle' of an obituary for Mr. James Henry Sleight, the miller of an 1864 windmill in Misson. The article provides a background of Mr. Sleight's life, and a detailed history of the mill, its structure, and his operation of it.

"Passing of Misson miller"

Cutting from 'Doncaster Gazette' of an obituary for Mr. J. H. Sleight, the miller at Misson Mill. The article describes the operation of the mill under his care, and also provides some details about his personal background.

"Misson tower corn mill"

Cutting from 'Retford Times' describing the auction of Misson Mill after the death of the owner, Mr. J. H. Sleight. The article contains a detailed history of the mill, as well as a description of its structure. It also explains the different processes involved in the operation of a mill.

"The men who do their duty - 1"

Cutting from 'Daily Express' of a profile of Herbert Thompson, the miller of a windmill at Epworth. The article outlines how Mr. Thompson and his sons contribute to the agricultural production, and includes Mr. Thompson's regret that so much fertile land was left unfarmed at the time.

Results 1 to 20 of 270