- 1950s - 70s (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Passed to the Mills Archive by Elaine Scutt in January 2016. Books and pamphlets have been added to the Mills Archive library.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
Print photographs of windmills in the UK, including Houghton Conquest, 1975; Thurleigh, 1975; Upper Dean, 1975; Bourn, 1976; Biscot Mill (taken from 'Old Luton' 1900); Stevington, 1975/6; Madingley, 1976; Pitstone, no date; Post Mill, Ivinghoe, 1950.
Slides, mainly 1970s, East Anglia, Midlands and France.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
This collection may be consulted free of charge at the Mills Archive; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Place access points
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Tower mill, Houghton Conquest
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Tower mill, Thurleigh
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Tower mill, Upper Dean
- United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Post mill, Bourn
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Biscot Mill, Luton
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Stevington Windmill, Stevington
- United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Post mill, Madingley
- United Kingdom » England » Buckinghamshire » Pitstone Windmill, Pitstone
Name access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Collection level entry by Nathanael Hodge, February 2016.