Cutting from 'West Sussex Gazette' describing the contribution of two photographs by Mr. Osborne Hedger of his father, Mr. Robert Hedger, who had been the millwright at the old mill at Rowner Lock. The article also gives a brief history of the mill and other people who worked there.
Cutting from an unknown source of a submission by Leonard Ford containing details of his family's involvement at Rowner Mill in Sussex. The cutting also includes Mr. Ford's regret of the West Sussex River Board's decision to demolish the mill.
Cutting from 'West Sussex Gazette' of an obituary for Mr. Gordon Maxfield Gwillim, the miller of Coultershaw Mill in Petworth. The obituary includes some details of Mr. Gwillim's life, and his work at the mill after taking it over from his father, John Gwillim.
Cutting from 'West Sussex Gazette' of an article by Phyllis Catt, daughter of John Gwillim, a miller at North Mill at Midhurst. The article goes over Mrs. Catt's memories of growing up at the mill and her father's role as a miller there.
Cutting from an unknown source containing submissions with information about various mills. The first is from Margaret Holt describing the conversion of Ifield Mill into a youth club, and the transfer of its engine to the Science Museum in South Kensington. The second is from Mrs. I. Cartwright, referring to an earlier submission by Leonard Ford, supplying more information about her family's involvement with Rackham Mill.
Cutting from 'West Sussex Gazette' of a submission by Mrs. M. Stanbridge enclosing a photograph of Luck's Mill, with her grandparents Edwin and Ann Gent in the picture, as well as her aunt Winnifred, and uncles Albert, George and Jack, She also mentions her father Ernest Gent.
Cutting from 'Argus' describing the dwindling of members of the Godsen family, who were heavily involved in the baking industry in Worthing. The article gives a brief history of the family's business, including their origin at Broadwater Mill in 1817.
Cutting from 'Newcastle Journal' describing Rank's flour mills in Gateshead. The article contains historical details about the Rank family, and the running of the business under Joseph Rank. It also contains details on the mill's technical operation.
Cutting from 'The People' describing the reunion planned by John Oliver at Highdown Hill Mill, where his ancestor by the same name was the miller until his death in 1793. The article provides a detailed profile of the miller and his eccentricities, as well as a brief background of the surrounding Olivers.
Cutting from 'Doncaster Chronicle' describing the history of Burnham Mill under the Wilkinson family. The article outlines the start of the milling business under Jabez Wilkinson, and details the mill's consequent operation under various members of the m#family. It also contains a profile on Fred Wilkinson, a miller, and his regret about the diminishing number of mills in the local area. It also explains that Fred Wilkinson had to remove the sails and operate the mill by an oil engine due to lack of demand.
Photograph by Peter Dolman of a Plaque on the site of King's Mill in Canterbury. Plaque reads " Here stood the KING'S MILL. Granted by King Stephen to St. Augustine's Abbey 1144, recovered by the crown and granted to Rohesia, sister of St. Thomas Becket 1174."
Photograph of the Bryant family, showing John, Dora and Hilda Bryant by Upthorpe Road Mill in Stanton, with the post mill visible in the background. Photograph given to Peter Dolman by Dora Hoggett (nee Bryant). PD comments "The only view of the fly."