Showing 69812 results

Archival description
Image Unknown
Print preview Hierarchy View:

69812 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Leach's eight-sailed tower mill, Wisbech

Two sets of handwriting on the reverse. Rex Wailes' note reads, "Leach's Eight Sailed mill, Lynn Road, Wisbech. This [corn] mill was built on an old post mill mound. The sails were removed in 1896. It had originally 4 sails but by 1840 it had 8. When this change was made is not certain. Copy photo from A.A. Oldham, Mount Drive, Wisbech". The second set of handwriting is in pencil (underneath Rex Wailes' notes) and reads, "The Eight Sail Mill, Lynn Road, Wisbech. Taken before removal of sails in 1896. (Copy of original photo of course). Cap of mill demolished in summer of 1947".

Oldham, Arthur Artis

Results 61 to 80 of 69812