Part of the Rex Wailes collection. Image of the mill shattered by lightning in 1879. Built by Isaac Taylor in 1787. Annotated on reverse:- Photographed from copy in the F.J.Brand collection in Ilford Central Library by permission of the Ilford Libraries Committee.
Part of the Rex Wailes collection. On reverse:- 'Post Mill at Gedding near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. A small mill in good repair; both round house and mill are electrically lighted from plant in steam mill (to the left). The extensions on the sweeps are Catchpool's patent regulator; a very ingenious device, but ineffective and now disused. Signed K.J.T. 1925'