Showing 9 results

Archival description
Went, Douglas, photographer
Print preview Hierarchy View:

9 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Thorrington Mill with Thames barges

Note on back reads "Up until 1929, when this was taken, farmers had their grain ground at this mill and flour was barged to London. Falling into decay, the mill was bought by Mr T A Glover and used to store and dry seed grown on the Mill Farm. The creek is not now navigable for barges."

Went, Douglas, photographer

Thorrington Mill with church in background

Note on back reads "One of the two tidal mills on tributaries of the Colne, this is the one at the end of Thorrington Creek, and shows Brightlingsea Parish Church in the distance, this church has tiles all round the church in memory of those lost at sea."

Went, Douglas, photographer