Showing 4114 results

Archival description
Norfolk
Print preview Hierarchy View:

3803 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Banham

Pen and ink drawing with wash, M1012 Banham (East Mill), 2 miles S of New Buckenham, 09/09/1937

Wood, Karl Salsbury (1888-1958), artist

Wootton Road Mill, Gaywood

Pen and ink drawing with wash, M606 Gaywood Road Mill, South Wooton, King's Lynn, tower mill, 2.5 miles NE of King's Lynn, 17/08/1933

Wood, Karl Salsbury (1888-1958), artist

Southgate ("Black")

Pen and ink drawing, M872 Cawston Road Mill (or Black Mill, Southgate, 4 miles SW of Aylesham, 26/03/1937. Drawing shows "White Mill" in background.

Wood, Karl Salsbury (1888-1958), artist

Horstead Mill, Norfolk, Jack Drayton dressing the stone

Sited on the River Bure near Coltishall. Originally there was a mill on the site since before the Domesday Book in 1086. This mill was built in 1789 to replace an earlier 16th century mill. The mill burned down in 1963 and was never restored. The mill pond is now a popular site for angling and wild swimming.
Dressing the bed stone. One copy is annotated on the reverse: "This was the last occasion on which this one remaining pair of stones was dressed as the mill was burnt out within a few months."

Ashley, Hallam (1900-1987), photographer

Horstead Mill, Norfolk, Jack Drayton dressing the stone

Sited on the River Bure near Coltishall. Originally there was a mill on the site since before the Domesday Book in 1086. This mill was built in 1789 to replace an earlier 16th century mill. The mill burned down in 1963 and was never restored. The mill pond is now a popular site for angling and wild swimming.
Dressing the bed stone. One copy is annotated on the reverse: "This was the last occasion on which this one remaining pair of stones was dressed as the mill was burnt out within a few months."

Ashley, Hallam (1900-1987), photographer

Horstead Mill, Norfolk, Jack Drayton dressing the stone

Sited on the River Bure near Coltishall. Originally there was a mill on the site since before the Domesday Book in 1086. This mill was built in 1789 to replace an earlier 16th century mill. The mill burned down in 1963 and was never restored. The mill pond is now a popular site for angling and wild swimming.
Dressing the bed stone. One copy is annotated on the reverse: "This was the last occasion on which this one remaining pair of stones was dressed as the mill was burnt out within a few months."

Ashley, Hallam (1900-1987), photographer

Results 1 to 20 of 4114