Cutting from 'Argus' describing the successful attempt by miller Piers Garnham and his team to re-enter the Guinness Book of Records for the Field to Loaf race. The event was carried out at Bartley Mill in Bells Yew Green in support for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Cutting from The West Sussex Gazette' of an article outlining the setting up of a toy factory called Tiger Toys, Ltd. in Durford Mill by Robert Hirst. The article also mentions employment opportunities created in the area by the toy factory.
Cutting from 'The West Sussex Gazette' of an article by G. D. Johnston describing the history of Bine Mill at Storrington. It outlines ownership of the mills through the years, as well as technical information about the mill's machinery.
Cutting from 'Argus' of an article describing the rejection of demolition plans by the owner of Hammonds Mill, Mrs. Virginia Sainty, by the Mid Sussex District Council Plans Sub-Committee. The committee were hoping the Department of the Environment would include the mill on the statutory list of buildings of historic and architectural interest.
Cutting from 'The West Sussex Gazette' of an article describing the closure of Coultershaw Mill in Petworth. The family business that ran the mill, J. Gwillim, Ltd., was forced to shut down due to economic reasons. A brief history of the mill is outlined in the article, including the Gwillims obtaining its ownership in 1907, and two fires at the mill in 1923 and 1946 respectively.
Cutting from 'The Chronicle' of a short article describing the restoration work being done to two water wheels at the Stretton Watermill near Farndon. The work was carried out by father-and-son team John and Ian McDowell, who both worked at A and L Construction of Cholmondeley. The restoration was in preparation for the opening of the 1992 season by the Cheshire Museum Service.
Cutting from 'The West Sussex Gazette and South of England Advertiser' of a short article by Lucy Bell describing the restoration work being done at Fittleworth Mill. The project was carried out by Wessex Timber Preservation, Ltd. and the mill is cited as being the manor mill of Amberley owned by the Bishop of Chichester. The restoration is part of an effort to preserve old buildings and their characters, as well as trying to get more efficient use out of them.
Cutting from 'Sussex Express' describing the demolition of a watermill in Fletching. The occupiers of the mill houses at the time were Mrs. E. J. Martin and her husband, and past millers mentioned in the article include Mr. Joseph Martin and Mr. George Sparks. The mill was used for producing flour, and eventually fell into ownership from Searle's Estate to Sheffield Park Estate.
Cutting from 'The Observer' describing the memories of John Durman of his days as miller and owner of Nyetimber mill. The article explores Mr. Durman's job and gives a brief history of the mill, including its sale in 1960.
Cutting from 'The Post' of an article describing the restoration efforts at Nyetimber mill. The working machinery from the mill was rescued by a team from the Singleton Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, and museum director Chris Zeuner aimed to use it for restoration of the mill. A brief history of the mill is provided, including a record of one of its early millers being William Adams, and the article also mentions a fire at the mill on 14 June 1962.
Cutting from 'Herald' of an article by Jocelyn Hollebone describing the successful restoration efforts at Salvington Mill. The parties involved in the repairs were the West Sussex County Council and the Friends of High Salvington Mill. The article also recalls past problems at the mill and Worthing Borough Council's effort to restore it, as well as the formation of the Salvington Mill Trust, who would be responsible for the mill's complete restoration.
Cutting from 'The Mirror' of an article by Nick Ames describing the sale of King's Mead windmill in Sussex, located near the site of King Harold's last battle. The sale was handled by Tom Humphries of A. W. Vint and Son.
Cutting from 'Evening Argus' of an article by Sue Bishop describing efforts by Caleb Newnham's family to restore his old post mill in East Sussex. The East Sussex County Council provided funding for the restoration, and a Manpower Services Commission provided some of the labour.
Cutting from 'Observer' of an article by Kevin Smith describing efforts by Vic May to restore Barnham Mill in order to preserve some heritage in West Sussex. As part of his fundraising, Mr. May applied for a grant from the EC's Commission of Historical and Architectural Heritage.
Cutting from unknown source describing the contribution of funds for mill refurbishment at Crabble Corn Mill. Contributors include economic development and tourism sub-committee, English Heritage and Dover District Council. A brief history of the mill is outlined in the article.