Showing 87 results

Archival description
Burne, Edward Lancaster (1871-1946), engineer
Print preview Hierarchy View:

11 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Correspondence with T Lindsay Baker of Texas

Correspondence between J Kenneth Major and Professor T Lindsay Baker of Texas between 24 April 1977 and 23 July 2008. Includes letters, memos and articles about wind engines in England, Europe and the United States. Items sent by Baker with the correspondence and originals of items sent by Major to Baker will be elsewhere in the J Kenneth Major collection. This file contains sorrespondence between staff at the Mills Archive and T Lindsay Baker regarding the biography of J Kenneth Major. Two letters at the end of the file between T Lindsay Baker and Helen Major relate to J Kenneth Major's final illness in June 2009.

Major, J Kenneth (1928-2009), architect


Deans Farm, Caversham; Gelli Groes; Kilcott Mill; North Furzeham, Devon; Fairford Mill; Wray Common, Reigate; Wortley Forge; Lancaster Burnes; midland mills; Churchill and Brampton; Ford Mill, Felin Newydd; Crug y Bar; Waltham Abbey; Kibworth; Brampton and Carlisle; Stainsby; M de la Chaussee; Moulins a Sarasin; Ravenbury Mill.

Faversham Waterworks, New Pumping Mill

Part of the Rex Wailes collection.
An advertising card for Messrs Hill & Son, Ashford.
Mill erected in 1863. Reverse of card contains hand written technical notes from Mr Lancaster Burns about the sails, the gearing, the pump and the standby engine,


Variable Mill Sail Weather: A Descriptive Sketch (published)

Published typescript, by Stephen Buckland, entitled "Variable Mill Sail Weather: A Descriptive Sketch", includes research material and biographical information on E L Burne.
The paper was published in the Proceedings of the 3rd and 4th Mill Research Conference, by the Mills Research Group in March 1988 and is available in the Mills Archive Library.

Buckland, John Stephen Percy (1935-2006), mill researcher

Wind Engine patents

File of wind engine patents noting that bound copies are held in the archive under JKM material

Burne, Edward Lancaster (1871-1946), engineer

Letters from A W Tiffin

"List of Sussex windmill negatives of Mr. E. Lancaster Burne's from which prints have been taken," prepared by A W Tiffin and H E S Simmons. Letter from Donald Muggeridge and letters from Tiffin re. a file of windmill notes of Burne's lent to Muggeridge.

Burne, Edward Lancaster (1871-1946), engineer

Correspondence re. purchasing watermills

Correspondence with the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings and J Danek re. purchasing watermills and converting them to generate electricity.

Burne, Edward Lancaster (1871-1946), engineer

Results 1 to 20 of 87