Showing 152 results

Archival description
Wailes, Reginald (1901-1986), engineer, known as Rex
Print preview Hierarchy View:

115 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Scrapbook of photographs

Scrapbook of photographs of Sussex and Kent mills. Stephen Buckland's scrapbook number 66.

Buckland, John Stephen Percy (1935-2006), mill researcher

Scrapbook of postcards and photographs

Scrapbook of postcards and photographs. Includes 12 Liebig cards, postcards of UK and foreign mills, photographs of mills in Bedfordshire, Kent, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, and USA. Stephen Buckland's scrapbook number 53.

Buckland, John Stephen Percy (1935-2006), mill researcher


Photograph of Rex Wailes, Times obitiuary for Rex Wailes, obituaries for Frank Gregory, obituary for Niall Roberts.

Roberts family

"Canadian Windmills"

Notes, correspondence, photographs and photocopies of articles, publications relating to Canadian windmills including: "A History of Windmills and their place in Canadian life"; copies of letter to Rex Wailes from Edmonton Parks relating to Fort Edmonton windmill; photocopy of "The Toronto Star, June 14 1975 titled "Distillery replaced windmill"; copy of volume 3, no. 3 1976 of "Windmill Whispers", newsletter of the Windmill Study Unit o the American Topical Association; photocopy of "The Mills of Old Quebec"; photocopy of "The Windsor Border Region" by Ernest Lajeunese (1960); envelope containing the Mennonite Village Museum guidebook, a letter to Jon Sass declining his application for a windmill trainee at the museum, magazine produced by the museum about the Steinbach windmill; photocopied list of 14 photographs of French-Canadian windmills; photographs of Steinbach windmill and a tower mill at Ile aux Coudres, Quebec.

Sass, Jon A (b. 1942), miller and millwright

Wind wheel, Wind Wheel, Punnett's Town

Photograph showing the wind wheel of the Wind Wheel windmill at Punnetts Town in East Sussex. Presumably originally photographed by Lancaster Burne, this photograph was reproduced by Martin T. Mason and held by Rex Wailes before residing in the Kenneth G. Farries Collection.

Farries, Kenneth G, author

Union Mill, Cranbrook, Kent

Rex Wailes, his daughter and party of Dutch millwrights (+ wives) who had replaced the sweeps with a new set. The people identified by Mildred Cookson are:- Chris Bremer (Dutch) to left of doorway; Anthea Wailes kneeling with white handbag; Rex sitting in doorway wearing beret; Enid Wailes, Rex's wife, on extreme right.

Dunn, Michael (1916-1993)

Results 1 to 20 of 152