Cutting from 'West Sussex County Times' of an article by Frank Holmes in remembrance of the watermills of Sussex. In particular, the article discusses the Town Mill, Warnham Mill and Amies Mill. Each mill is accompanied by a brief history and an outline of its present state.
Letter from an East Anglian magazine from Christopher Elliottt from Beccles about the restoration of the damage done to Marsh Mill, Walberswick, due to it being used for target practice during WW2. [Came from the Michael Dunn Collection]
Late 19th century photo showing the smock mill at Erpingham, Norfolk, where John Johnson the miller lived with his family. Around 1900 the mill was sold to G H Witham, whose son Edward worked it until his death in 1959.
Cutting from an unknown East Anglian paper, of unknown date recording the repair work on the sails and stocks of Savory's Mill at Burnham Overy, including a picture of the carpenter, Mr J. E. Thompson, building a new sail.
Cutting from 'Portsmouth Evening News' describing the dereliction of an old mill at Clanfield. The article gives a detailed description of the remaining structure and the mill's history. It also mentions inability to demolish the mill due to its historical listing, and the requirements for its restoration according to Mr. John Bishop.
Cutting from 'West Sussex Gazette and South of England Advertiser' of an article by Alison Ross describing the conversion of Durford Mill near Rogate into a toy factory. The article goes over the history of the owner of Tiger Toys, Ltd., Mr. Robert Hirst, and how he came to set up his factory at the mill. It also includes a brief overview of the technical processes taking place at the factory.