Part of the Rex Wailes collection. This print shows the Society Mill, also known as Old Dock Mill, Portsmouth. This was built in 1798 and demolished in 1867. In 1816 the Dock Mill was built to replace it while the structure remained. The old mill was topped by a 20 foot statue of the goddess Ceres and this may be seen in the picture.
Part of the Rex Wailes collection. On reverse:- 'Old Smock Mill at Brettenham, near Cockfield, Suffolk. A fine old mill, remarkable for the length of the sweeps which nearly reach the ground. T auxiliary steam mill is seen to the right.' Signed K.J.T. 1925