- Late 20th century - 2012 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Donated by Hugh Howes in 2009. Further items donated 2012.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Scope and content
Correspondence, notes, photocopies and photographs collected by Hugh Howes in writing his book 'Windmills and watermills of Bedfordshire' (2009).
- Assorted Mills and Bedfordshire Mills
- Astwick, Bromham, Cobham and Doolittle Mills
- Stotfold, Upper Dean, Holme, Newbridge and Stevington Mills.
Extra donation 12/04/2012 - copy of article on Bolnhurst Post Mill Beds with copies of photographs.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions governing access
This material may be consulted free of charge at the Mills Archive; please email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Place access points
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Bowman's Mill, Astwick
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Bromham Mill, Bromham
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Tower mill, Upper Dean
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Holme Mills, Holme
- United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire » Stevington Windmill, Stevington