Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

Equivalent terms

Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

Associated terms

Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

15 Archival description results for Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

15 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Conveyance of a plot of ground adjoining Beckery Mill stream, Glastonbury

Two vellum sheets measuring approximately 77 cm x 59 cm comprising a conveyance by the Rorke's Estate Trustees to John Bull Emery of a parcel of land known as "the Great Ground", part of The Park Farm estate, and shown more particularly on a watercoloured map on the back of the Indenture featuring Beckery Mill. The parties to the conveyance are the Reverend Peter Lewis Parfitt of Westbury, Samuel Prat and John Bull Emery, both Gentlemen, and John Reeves, Currier, all of Glastonbury.

Release in fee of meadow or pasture at Beckery Mill, Glastonbury to Martha Phippen

One sheet of velum measuring approximately 77 cm x 60 cm under which six acres of meadow or pasture are released to Martha Phippen by John Tucker and John Ivie in consideration for £400. The land is described as, "all those six acres of meadow or pasture ground (be the same more or less).... and lying at a certain place called Bridges alias Brides adjoining to a Mill commonly called or known by the name of Beckary Mill having the mill stream on the south side thereof....".

Release relating to land at Glastonbury

Six vellum sheets measuring approximately 61 cm x 80 cm comprising a release by George Phippen Reeves ("heretofore called George Reeves only"), formerly a miller in Glastonbury, now a baker at Chilton, Somerset to John Collings and John Fry Reeves. The indenture rehearses the various transactions documented at MCFC-IND-069-01 to MCFC-IND-069-07 and records the release "of messuages, tenements, lands and hereditaments situate at Glastonbury. In trust to sell".

Lease for one year of meadow ground at Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

One vellum sheet measuring approximately 71 cm x 53 cm comprising a lease signed and sealed by Joseph Hayes and James Hayes, yeomen of West Pennard, Somerset, George Phippen Reeves ("heretofore called George Reeves only"), formerly a miller in Glastonbury, now a baker at Chilton, Somerset, John Collings and John Fry Reeves (both gentleman of Somerset) to John Rendell, baker, of Glastonbury. The lease is for a term of one year and is of six acres of meadowland at Bridges or Brides adjoining Beckery Mill, Glastonbury.

Release in fee of meadow ground at Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

Three vellum sheets measuring approximately 78 cm x 64 cm comprising a release in fee, signed and sealed by Joseph Hayes and James Hayes, yeomen of West Pennard, Somerset, George Phippen Reeves ("heretofore called George Reeves only"), formerly a miller in Glastonbury, now a baker at Chilton, Somerset, John Collings and John Fry Reeves (both gentleman of Somerset), John Bull Emery and his wife, Sarah "(lately Sarah Reeves, spinster)" and John Rendell, baker, of Glastonbury. The release is in favour of John and Sarah Emery and refers back to bequests made under the will of Martha Phippen concerning six acres of meadowland at Bridges or Brides adjoining Beckery Mill, Glastonbury.

Lease for one year of land and premises at Beckery Mill, Glastonbury and at Street, Somerset

One vellum sheet measuring approximately 61 cm x 81 cm comprising a lease for one year signed and sealed by George Phippen Reeves ("heretofore called George Reeves only"), formerly a miller in Glastonbury, now a baker at Chilton, Somerset, to John Collings and John Fry Reeves. The property leased at Beckery Mill includes the bakehouse, furnace, dough troughs and tables as well as the mill house and two water grist mills (plus equipment) "containing and working two pair of stones under the same roof together with one malt kiln and two boulting mills for dressing flour", as well as the Mill Drove, the pastureland next to the mill known as Bridges or Brides and also a meadow known as Marshall Wall, much of which having been recently planted as orchards.

Lease for one year of land and premises at Beckery Mill, Glastonbury and at Street, Somerset

One vellum sheet measuring approximately 56 cm x 52 cm comprising a lease for one year signed by John and Mary May of various property and land at Glastonbury and Street to James Patten and John Dampier. The property leased at Beckery Mill includes the bakehouse, furnace, dough troughs and tables as well as the mill house and two water grist mills (plus equipment) "containing and working two pair of stones under the same roof together with one malt kiln and two boulting mills for dressing flour", as well as the Mill Drove, the pastureland next to the mill known as Bridges or Brides and also a meadow known as Marshall Wall, much of which having been recently planted as orchards.

Later copy of Martha Phippen's last will and testament which references Beckery Mill, Glastonbury

5 paper pages (watermarked 1812) measuring 42 cm x 33 cm comprising a copy of Martha Phippen's last will and testament (made 10 February 1799). Under the will, Martha Phippen makes various bequests, chief of which is the bequest to her grandson, George Reeve, of Beckary Mill a "water grist mill" which she had "lately" contracted to purchase from Mr John May and "six acres of pasture ground at Brides near Beckary Mill aforesaid which I lately purchased in fee of Mr John Ivie...."

Obligation bond for repayment of debt owed by John May to Carey Hunt, Glastonbury

Paper obligation bond measuring 32 cm x 38 cm (folded lengthwise) binding John May to pay Carey Hunt £800 and cross referencing the indenture of mortgage for £400 between them of the same date. The bond is signed and sealed by John May and features numerous signed receipts for interest due under the bond. For example "Oct 6th 1791 Received of May Three Score pounds for three years Interest Due 2nd of Oct Last". The last receipt is dated 19 October 1812.

Mortgage of Beccary Mills, Glastonbury

One sheet of vellum measuring approx. 51 cm x 69 cm comprising the grant of a mortgage by John May, baker, of Butleigh, Somerset over "Beccary Mills" in exchange for the payment of £400 by Carey Hunt of St John's Parish, Glastonbury. Beccary Mills is described as, "situate lying and being in the Parish of Saint Benedict in Glastonbury aforesaid containing two water Grist Mills and one Malt Mill under one roof together with one Boulting Mill"... and also the parcel of land leading to the mill known as the Mill Drove "and that close of pasture next adjoining to the said mill called Brides...".