Item CUTT-01002 - "After 200 years the frosts take down their mill"

The digital image cannot be displayed for copyright reasons. Please contact the Archive to view a copy.

Reference code



"After 200 years the frosts take down their mill"


  • 31 October 1947 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 press cutting

Name of creator


Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Scope and content

Cutting from 'Essex County Standard' describing the demolition of Frost's Mill in Halstead. The article mentions the decision of John and Alan Frost to take down the mill due to safety issues. It also gives a detailed description of the mill's structure as well as its history inder the ownership of the Frost family.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

The digital scan of this cutting may be consulted free of charge at The Mills Archive; please email to arrange an appointment.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres